Hello everybody! Sorry about the long absence. Have been really
lazy swamped with work lately 😉 But I’m really active on instagram so to see what I’m eating everyday and to swap healthy food inspiration (I LOVE LOOKING AT EVERYBODY’S INSTAGRAMS!) I can be found at @gracehenghm!
Anyway, today I have for you the MOST GUILT FREE INDULGENCE EVER!!! Even if you have never ever tried any other recipe here on this blog, you should totally try this one because it’s SO YUMMY and so amazing, you’ll be blown away by how ‘pizza’ can be so yummy yet so healthy!
This idea isn’t an original one by me. I first saw it on the Dr. Oz show but the ingredients they used were hard to find and the steps just plain convoluted so i never got round to trying it till today! A few tweaks here and there and VOILA! I present to you a super simple, low carb, high fibre healthy pizza for all you clean eaters out there!
1. 1 head cauliflower (buy organic from The Organic Grocer at Pasarbella!)
2. 10 almonds (can be omitted)
3. 1 teaspoon each of spices (any kind)- my favourites are basil, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, black pepper, oregano
4. I teaspoon olive oil
5. Tomato Sauce
(I highly recommend Alce Nero’s Organic Tomato Sauce with Basil (pictured) because this brand doesn’t add salt or sugar. If you look carefully at other brands’ labels, the ingredient list can contain up to 8 ingredients in one bottle and is packed with salt and sugar!)
6. Mozzarella or Parmesan
7. Pizza toppings of choice.
1. Remove cauliflower stem and cut the florets
2. Wash and remove any moldy bits
3. Pulse through the food processor till it becomes small and grainy
(If you used a VERY large head of cauliflower, you can always keep excess cauliflower to make carb free sushi)
4. Place cauliflower on a clean washcloth and wring all the excess water from it.
5. When cauliflower is dry, place in a large bowl
6. If using the almonds, pulse it in food processor till it becomes fine powder and put in bowl
7. Add spices, oil and egg
8. Mix well. I recommend using hands so you can feel for large cauliflower bits.
Bon Appetit! 🙂 This is a great meal to take the office as well. Maximum nutrition and low on the starch that gives you that post lunch slump. Also hello to lower levels of acrylamide!
Lots of love, health and happiness 🙂